Friday, July 18, 2008

Voice of a Prophet


Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything

That's how the light gets in.


Breathless, Joyous, Proclamation
Mary procured a ticket for one of Leonard Cohen's concerts in Hamilton for my Birthday. Maggie our youngest daughter came with me.

If it be your will
That a voice be true
From this broken hill
I will sing to you
From this broken hill
All your praises
they shall ring
If it be your will
To let me sing
Humble, Consuming , Mercy
From the moment he took the stage, thru two and a half hours, over thirty songs and three encores to the final final strains of Ruth's blessing being sung over us... we were gripped by the passion of a captured heart that can do nothing else but proclaim.

And even though

It all went wrong

I'll stand before the Lord of Song

With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

No comments: