Monday, November 17, 2008

Contented Memories



We put our christmas tree up on the 16th or 17th of November every year. We've been doing this for as long as i can remember... ( that is since we've been putting up a tree, that's another story). We discovered 8 years ago that it coincides with the begining of the Celtic Advent which like Lent is 40 days long.

Each year on that day we have our grandchildren to help trim the tree. This year just about everyone came home (that is everyone in the vicinity). We had a house full. It was wonderful.

It took me back to a time over twenty years ago when we lived in Cottam. Far and away from family. A freind was visitng. It was snowing out side and toasty warm inside. We had just finished putting up our tree and a passel of my children were curled up on my lap. He commented that I looked exceptionally content.. I was... still am... I thank the Lord some things havn't changed.

No comments: