Sunday, November 30, 2008

How Now Brown Cow


I'm not a conservative. I didn't vote conservative in the last election. I can quit frankly say I've never voted conservative. I don't support conservative policies.

Yet I'm not to sure about this three party coalition. I'm not sure that it's a wise move in such a voltile economic climate. I'm not to sure the majority of Canadian's really want this at this time. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Stephen Dion as priminister. He tendered his resignation. His own party had lost faith in his leadership. I'm not sure Gil Dusepe isn't playing both sides. He certainly makes it difficult for the liberals and the NDP who are trying to quell fears that they are selling out to separatists. When the leader of the block says things like " I'm am for what is good for Quebec and what is good for Quebec is good for soverignty. I'm not to sure that what was originally triggered primarily by the the conservative attempted to stop public party funding hasn't been blown out of porportion and turned into a great moral crusade that it didn't start as.

I'm not to sure that after the dust settles Canada will be better off as a country. I'm not to sure that the violent polarization that's feeding into an alrerady strongly divided Canada can be healed. Things are getting said on both sides that will be difficult to take back. There is no easy partisan answer to this problem.

I think all of this will only eroded trust in the liberal's and NDP and could turn the tide of popular opion. The coalition members need to calm down and think rather than react . Be a wonderful opportunity for the opposition to get some of the same iniatitives passed, simply by coming to the government and saying "ok lets talk...". We want this this and this included in the buget. If now we vote no confidence.

Did Harper and his conservative kronies precipitate this crisis? No doubt about it. By arrogantly acting like he had majority rule. Yet I fear the only clear winners will be the block, the cause of soverignty in the west and quebec and Harper.



1 comment:

Tea said...

I agree. It totally is a muddle and for some odd reason I`ve never been able to warm to Harper. He may have a friendly smile, but he`s secretive.
And the others don`t seem appealng either in their own "political personality" ways. Makes it hard, when they are going to drag us back to vote yet again with so little to choose from.

tea